PASTELS AT ANY AGE

pastels at any age

There’s something about pastels that always makes me feel younger – the playful, soft colors would make anyone feel more feminine. Pastels can be both exciting and subdued, which makes them easy to wear at any age. The younger looks play up the shades with fun accessories, while the ensembles for the 40/50 age group focus on accessories that downplay the look for an elegant twist.

PS – does anyone else love the monochromatic/all-one-color look? Such a chic trend! I’m currently on a path to do that with red. So obsessed!

20′sEquipment blouse, Raoul shorts, 3.1 Phillip lim bag, Jacquie Aiche necklace, Rebecca Minkoff sandals

30′sTibi dress, Proenza Schouler bag, Yigal Azrouel vest, Shourouk earrings, Stella McCartney pumps

40′s – Miu Miu blouse and pants, KORS Michael Kors pumps, Alexander Wang bag

50′sStella McCartney blazer, Carven skirt, Botkier bag, Ben-Amun earrings, Tom Binns necklace, Alexander Wang pumps

16 Responses to PASTELS AT ANY AGE

1. Kimberly says:

OMG – totally in love with this post and all these ideas…if only I could afford it all! :)

• thestylescribe says:

which look is your favorite? PS – I keep trying to comment on your posts but it asks for a Blogger account which I don’t have… :(

2. YOLONDA says:

All so gorge! Great picks! I especially love the vest and PS bag.
    ♥, Londa
    designroundup.blogspot.com

3. Kodi says:

Absolutely love the 20′s outfit — possibly because that’s the category I fall into! Also love both earrings on the board, and the shoes from the 50′s! Makes me want spring!

4. Chelsea says:

That miu miu blouse is just killer! I hated pastels until about a year ago. They really have to be done just right. My favorite is mixing them with pieces that are a little edgy. Gorgeous styling! xo

5. Carla says:

Love pastel colors! Can’t wait to rock them this upcoming spring. Loving that 20′s outfit and the beautiful accessories on the 30′s one. – Carla

6. Joyce says:

That yellow blouse is to die for!
    I love monochromatic dressing…very editorial!

7. Love pastels. I have to admit though that I love it now but I didn’t before. Mainly because I didn’t like how it looked against my pale skin tone. But, I have found ways to style around that so I don’t feel so self-conscious about it. Granted, I don’t own a lot of pastels still but they do offer much more chicer options than they used to as well! =)
    I also adore the monochromatic look. It’s so chic when done right!
    xo,
    nancy

8. Albertina says:

Ha! love all four ensembles and would wear them all even if I wasn’t in the proper age bracket. Such great combinations!

9. Kayla says:

AH! I love that Tibi dress! SO cute!

Kayla

10. I love each one of these! I hope when I’m 50 I’m chic enough to wear that look. I’d even wear it now, and I’m in my 20s!

Oh, and I agree with you: the monochromatic look is so chic, especially in red! You should make that a post next week with your new red YSL bag! That’d be killer.

11. Julie Leah says:

I’m in my twenties but the 30s look is definitely my favorite :) Love a simple dress like that! This round-up is so good, lady!

12. Janet says:

I’ve been trying to do monochromatic! Still haven’t gotten it perfect yet haha I absolutely adore your outfit sets : )

13. Adiel says:

Love the pieces you’ve picked here!