Filed In: Beauty
SHOP THE EDIT BELOW
- As I mentioned in last week’s Cuyana post, I’m really trying to be better about keeping my closet organized and stripped down to those forever classics, basics and neutrals that will stand the test of time. Over the years, I’ve been pretty bad about buying staple shoes. I’m always drawn to the statement pieces, like Isabel Marant’s western-inspired boots or Fendi’s fur-adorned pumps. Not anymore – I’m eager to keep it simple for 2015. I’m especially interested in adding more classic pumps to my wardrobe, like these nude ones, this grey pair and these black pumps. There really isn’t a better shoe silhouette out there in my opinion – the pointed style elongates and slims the legs, and they look great with every style of denim and dress length.
- With my 5-year college reunion this past weekend (yikes), I didn’t get a chance to properly promote my first gift guide of the holiday season! Click here to peruse all of my gift ideas for every girl, whether she’s a world traveler, the hostess or a beauty junkie. Stay tuned for gift ideas for the men in your life, the kiddos, and more in the coming weekends!
- Did anyone else grow up with a house full of nutcrackers during the holidays? I sure did. We practically collected them, so they would line the mantle, be accents on tables, and generally just took over any place that had a free spot for decor. That’s why when I saw that One King’s Lane was selling a bunch of adorable nutcrackers, I knew I had to share. My favorites are the white king, the santa and the drummer. Be sure to shop all of OKL’s holiday decorating ideas – it’ll really get you in the holiday spirit!
Whether you’re shopping for your best friend or your mom, this guide will have you covered! In addition to the items featured above, I’ve rounded up even more amazing gift ideas in the bullets below.
SHOP THE GIFT GUIDE BELOW
one // two // three // four // five // six // seven // eight // nine // ten // eleven // twelve // thirteen // fourteen // fifteen // sixteen // seventeen // eighteen // nineteen // twenty // twenty one // twenty two // twenty three
- FOR THE BEAUTY OBSESSED: The holidays are the best time of year to pick up products from your favorite beauty lines – brands usually do limited edition sets and unique palettes for gift purposes. A few favorites: Napoleon Perdis Greatest Hits Brush Set, this NARS cheek palette, and this Sephora VIP shadow set (ideal for creating the perfect smokey eye)! I’d also love to get my hands on this colorful lip gloss set. Some other products I highly recommend as gifts include Laura Mercier’s body souffle (the pistachio scent is incredible!), the best holiday red nail polish by Bobbi Brown, and this eau de parfum from Valentino – the scent is fresh and floral, and the bottle is even prettier!
- FOR GIRLS WHO LOVE SPARKLE: I always recommend Oscar de la Renta tassel earrings to anyone who will listen – they lend a glamorous feel to any outfit, even if you’re in a button-down and boyfriend jeans! This pair of sparklers by Dannijo is another statement earring option to love. On the less expensive side, J.Crew has a bunch of lovely pieces like this gold collar, these metal medallion earrings and this cameo ring. Don’t forget about Tory Burch watches!
- FOR THE WORLD TRAVELER: For the international traveler, this bright orange (and personalized) passport cover is an essential – it’s easy to find even in the deepest, darkest of your bags! This canvas + leather weekender is ideal for shorter trips or to use as a carry-on. Loving this printed hanging cosmetic case from Tory Burch too! Make your luggage pop (and stand out on the carousel) with this Anya Hindmarch tassel – I have one in blue! If you have a friend going to Paris soon, get her this little book.
- FOR THE HOSTESS: First of all… this tray. I need it. With malachite on my mind lately, I’m head over heels for this candle. Chic and aromatic. If your girl’s into gold, you must check out this chevron decanter, these glittering coasters and this set of leopard appetizer plates! Since rose gold is all the rage right now, this 4-piece hostess set from Kate Spade is a no brainer. For the book lover, be sure to check out Flourless (75+ gluten free desserts!), The Forest Feast (yummy & easy vegetarian recipes), the Neiman Marcus Cooks recipe book, and Camille Styles Entertaining. Oh, and I’ll take these crystalline paperweights too.