This is one of my favorite outfits I’ve ever worn. Not only because it’s one of the most comfortable, but somehow all the pieces came together effortlessly. Sometimes I overthink an outfit and it ends up failing miserably – anyone else do that? The best outfits are definitely the ones that take little to no thought.
This Reiss knitted cape is one of those pieces that helps round out an outfit in a simple, but chic way. Without it, it’s just a plain, all-black outfit – but by topping my look off with this lovely lavender knit, I’ve created a solid ensemble that’s both cozy and cool. On warmer winter days here in Texas, I plan to pair it with white jeans and my favorite gold flats. In order for looks like this to come together, you’ve gotta have some good building blocks in your closet. Below are a few I just can’t live without!
1. A simple long-sleeved tee for layering under all kinds of capes, ponchos, vests and jackets. I have this one in black and white!
2. A fantastic pair of boots. Whether you choose ankle boots or over-the-knee, either will be useful in creating those easy outfits.
3. A sleek, versatile tote. Saint Laurent recently came out with this new style and I’m allllll over it in dark grey. Gorgeous! It also comes in black, nude and red.
4. A timeless pair of sunglasses. Everyone is loving statement eyewear right now (remember these?), but it’s important to remember the ones you actually wear every day. This pair by Victoria Beckham looks nearly identical to my favorite pair of Celine sunnies!
5. A clean pair of black jeans or leggings. No frills necessary.
Cape: c/o Reiss, Top: Vince, Leggings: Vince, Boots: Stuart Weitzman (also available here), Bag: Smythson, Hat: Rag & Bone, Sunglasses: Celine (similar here), Diamond Earrings (UK option here)
obsessed with your boots. Happy Thanksgiving!
This look is so adorable. You look amazing, as usual. Love the hat and boots.
xx Fiona THEDASHINGRIDER.com
Love every bit of this look!
Love your cape, and love your staple pieces ideas to wear it with. It looks so cozy, and definitely adds a little something to an all black look.
Shae @ Current Habits
Confession – I bought this poncho right after seeing it on your Insta!
Love the cape and the cute background! Happy early Thanksgiving, Merritt!
Brooke du jour
So easy and effortless! Those otk boots are to die for and I love your chic cape!
Taffeta & Tulips
Beautiful look! You know I love this color combo.
Straight A Style
Can’t go wrong with a cozy cape! Love this!
I really like your cape! The colour is really good for interesting combintions.
This really is such a great, classic look and I can see why it’s a favorite! SOmetimes things are best simpler!
such a classic look! xo