It’s not often I choose to wear a maxi dress. While I love the casual-glam vibes maxi dresses can exude, they usually don’t do my figure any favors. As a somewhat curvy, tall gal, it’s not always the most flattering silhouette for my body. It’s really gotta have the right waist-cinching super powers, and in this case, a little off-the-shoulder action, to attract my attention.
One major benefit of a good maxi dress is how it gives me an excuse to wear flats, because they are typically just long enough to graze the floor. I’ll take a break from heels any chance I can get! Maxi dresses like this one make an excellent option for an outdoor or destination wedding. Here are few more maxi dresses you’ve gotta check out before your next big celebration:
- Take a page out of Stella McCartney’s book with this vivid yellow pleated maxi. PS – this mimic is under $100!
- This lace number comes in three sizzling summer shades and features a bit of a plunging neckline.
- This lavender floral maxi is soft, feminine and very romantic. Gorgeous!
- Bring the heat in this bright orange off-the-shoulder dress. Add to cart.
- For a more glamorous look, try this pale pink strapless dress with a double layer-ruffle up top.