While I normally dress pretty casually in Carmel, I really wanted to dress up one night with my friends coming in town! I had just picked up this floral maxi dress for summer, and thought it would be fun to debut on this trip. I love how the soft color scheme compliments my skintone, and the silhouette is surprisingly flattering considering it features a cutout and draws attention to the bust (not usually a feature I show off).
I’ve always adored Mara Hoffman’s colorful and creative prints, but for some reason her swimwear just doesn’t fit my figure right. The one-piece styles are all too short-waisted on me (a common problem due to my height), and the bikini bottoms are a little too revealing for me. If you have a similar issue, I highly recommend checking out her clothing. The prints are beyond amazing – perfect for any parties or weddings you have this summer! I think it’s going to become a staple in my vacation wardrobe. Here are a few more prints you should discover:
- I had a tough choice between the dress above and this one. It’s an adorable silhouette, but it didn’t fit my bust quite right – might work better on someone with smaller boobs!
- If you love cutouts, check out this number – love the yellow scheme for summer!
- Another dress with gorgeous yellow accents is this one – such an easy, breezy silhouette for steamy summer nights.
- This crossover mini dress is on sale, and it’s been on my wish list forever. Too bad I can’t pull it off!
- If you’re really looking to make a statement, try this jumpsuit at your next summer event.
PS – I do want to note that the dress I am wearing is VERY long. I’m 5’9 and I had to take a good few inches off the bottom to wear it with 4-inch heels. Just a disclaimer! This print also comes in a swing style if that’s more up your alley!