I never met a stripe I didn’t like, but more often than not, they come in the navy + white variety. I don’t wear much navy, but I DO wear a lot of black. That’s why whenever I find a black + white stripe piece (like this under $40 dress, for example), I don’t hesitate. Just like my favorite Heidi Merrick tank, I wear simple striped pieces like this constantly! They are functional, comfortable and can be dressed up or down for nearly any occasion, making them the ideal items for travel!
I wore this outfit on the plane and for our first day in Seattle! The weather was gorgeous that day, so luckily I didn’t get chilly. A swing dress like this makes it easy to look put together while staying comfy all day long. This dress actually comes in several solid colors and other prints too – I’m thinking of also buying the solid black one since it’s so versatile! Below are a few other travel basics under $50:
- The tunic you saw in this Instagram just got marked down to $27!! It’s so useful and looks great with every pair of jeans in my closet.
- These linen pants just scream beach vacay, don’t you think?
- I’m a big fan of the knot-front tee and this one is incredibly soft. I also love this one-shoulder tee for a more elevated option.
- A comfy black maxi to wear on long flights.
- A few pairs of these capris to pack for beach runs.
- This black embroidered off-the-shoulder dress can be worn from day to night with just a change of accessories!
- A clean pair of white skinny jeans to pair with tunics, tanks and off-the-shoulder tops.
PS – this location where we shot this outfit is at Hotel Sorrento in Seattle! More on that tomorrow…