You may have heard about — or even seen on my SnapChat — my intern Allison! She’s been on the team since March, and I figured it was about time you guys get to know her a little better! Instead of hearing from me though, I thought it would be fun for her to tell y’all a little bit about herself, as well as share her favorites from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! Without further adieu, meet Allison!
Hello! I’m Allison. I’m going to be a junior at Southern Methodist University, where I study Public Relations! I grew up in Northern California but have loved living in Dallas for the past few years! Merritt wanted me to include a secret talent or some fun fact so you can get to know me, so I guess a fun fact is that I have the worst eating habits of anyone I know. Somehow I never learned to like healthy foods, so more often than not I eat dessert for dinner and straight carbs for the rest of my meals. This eating style tends to rub off on people as Merritt got to see when we ate our way through Seattle and Alaska together! If you follow Merritt on SnapChat, you’ll know she generally eats clean with cauliflower, zucchini, etc, but this trip we definitely indulged all day, every day!
When asked to describe my style I wasn’t sure what to say, so I sent a quick text to my friends asking what they thought. Honestly, the responses were way too accurate. “Born Again Wasp”, “Too Many Cardigans” and “Contemporary Brunch” were of a few of my favorites. Basically it’s a running joke with my friends that even though I grew up in Northern California, my style ended up being rather conservative and more East Coast preppy than anything else. The rest of my friend group is much more trendy/edgy than I am, so they find it pretty funny.
Here are my top ten picks from the Nordstrom Sale:
- Shift dresses are my favorite brunching dresses, because it means I can order chocolate chip pancakes and not worry about busting out of it! Love this one – it’s under $100, just in case I spill said chocolate on it.
- I’m so into white on white for summer. I’d definitely wear this out with jeans and wedges!
- I love the “better than basic” pieces that have something else to them, like this split open back top from Rag & Bone!
- If there’s one thing I never mind splurging on, cashmere is it. You just can’t beat a good cashmere sweater.
- Merritt and I both own the same pair of black distressed skinnies that look identical to this Hudson pair on sale! We can both vouch that it’s a going out staple!
- One of my friends actually just bought this Topshop wrap mini skirt yesterday and it is so cute on! I can’t wait to borrow it from her.
- I’ve been eyeing Vince’s slip-on sneakers forever. They are the perfect casual shoe!
- Lots of my friend’s internships (not mine, thankfully!) require dressing in business casual/professional attire. This Theory set is so cool, plus everyone knows slacks make your butt look good.
- These are probably my favorite shoes from the entire sale. Drop dead cute.
- Cross body bags are essential for going out. I love the blush color of this Kate Spade bag, and the fact that it’s big enough to fit makeup for touchups!