I’ve got a crush, and it just so happens to be on velvet. Get it? Crushed velvet? I tried, you guys.
Velvet is one of the biggest trends I’m seeing this fall – nearly every designer has incorporated it into their collection! This luxurious fabric instantly dresses up any look, and luckily is a trend that can be styled at any age. In addition to the looks above, below are a few more velvet pieces I’ve got my eye on:
- If you follow me on SnapChat (username: merrittbeck), you may have seen these sneakers yesterday. I’m obsessed! They’re definitely the next purchase I’m going to make. I have a feeling I’ll get my money’s worth, especially when I’m walking all over Japan and Hong Kong in November!
- The rich blue color and unique gold hardware on this Stella McCartney bag make it a fabulous statement style for the season! Love this look!
- This simple long-sleeved black dress is the perfect blank slate for holiday parties. Just add a fun pair of earrings, a red lip and your favorite fancy heels!
- I’m not usually a fan of wide leg pants, but this velvet Vince pair looks SO comfortable! An elegant and modern look for cocktail parties.
- Add some fall color to your wardrobe with these ruby-hued ankle-strap pumps! Darling.
- If you like to be hands-free at events, parties and weddings, you need to pick up this Saint Laurent shoulder bag. Featuring black velvet and adorable matching tassels, it’s subtle while also making a statement.