FIRST THINGS FIRST. Don’t miss the sale of the season! The Big Event just launched on ShopBop this morning, and it’s your chance to get everything you need for the fall/winter season. Take up to 30% off your order – the more you spend, the more you save with this one! Enter code MAINEVENT16 at checkout to redeem the offer. I’ll be back tomorrow with a full sale roundup, but here are a few favorites that have been sitting in my shopping cart:
– If you love my Sergio Rossi over-the-knee-boots from last fall, this pair is almost identical and already a fraction of the price! Stuart Weitzman pairs are also on discount, which NEVER happens!!
– This cozy cardigan needs to make it’s way into my closet already. The perfect year-round neutral and ideal item for taking on my Japan trip next month!
– Don’t forget denim at a sale like this. I always stock up on new pairs of my favorite style.
– For a date night look, try this simple off-the-shoulder sweater. Understated and sexy. Comes in two great solid neutrals!
– It’s time for me to snag this camel coat I mentioned in last week’s newsletter! Also pulling the trigger on this reversible cape/poncho right now, although I don’t know which color to get!!!
If you saw this video, you may remember this adorable scalloped sweater made an appearance! I don’t believe I’ve ever owned such an effortlessly polished sweater. The delicate and dainty scalloped edges elevate this otherwise simple staple. It’s an elegant option for the office, but looks super cute with jeans for the weekend! Because it’s solid, it’s also a great travel item that can be re-worn with pretty much anything you pack. I’ll definitely be packing it for my Japan + Hong Kong trip in a couple of weeks! This sweater also comes in white, which I’m considering buying as well. When I find something this good, I’m tempted to buy it in every color!
You’ll also remember this suede skirt from this post last month. It’s such a versatile piece! The camel color looks gorgeous against an array of colors. I’ve been loving it with my favorite black and white pieces, but it also looks incredible with jewel tones like bottle green and rich burgundy. Vince is one of my number one go-to’s for buying building blocks for my wardrobe. On any given week, I have at least a handful of items in my shopping cart from the label. I just can’t get enough! A few new pieces I’m eyeing for the season include:
- I’m dying to add this cozy cardigan to my closet ASAP, because it would be perfect for my flight over to Japan and a wonderful fall/winter layering piece! This blanket coat cardigan is pretty great too.
- Really into the relaxed style of this super soft tee. The ideal layer for wearing with jeans, sneakers and blazers on the weekend!
- I love the length of Vince’s everyday sweaters, like this v-neck, for wearing with jeans. There are some brands I avoid buying because the pieces don’t cover my butt in any way (specifically Rebecca Taylor – they are all so short-waisted!), but I can always count on Vince to!
- For an updated take on the bootie, try this asymmetrical pair. Adore the unique shape!
- This slouchy button-down is office-appropriate, but also a staple you can wear on the weekend with boyfriend jeans or leather pants!
- This funnel-neck short sleeve sweater is just the ticket for this warm Texas fall weather!