Happy Tuesday! Yesterday we explored the Eastern part of Kyoto, known for it’s beautiful temples and shrines, traditional Japanese buildings and homes, and the city’s entertainment district (Gion). We participated in a traditional tea ceremony that was so much fun – I can’t wait to share it with you!! If you were following along while we were in Tokyo, the weather was a bit cooler than I had anticipated when packing for this trip. While the temperatures weren’t crazy low, I hadn’t planned for super high winds! The combo was rough, to say the least – especially considering I didn’t pack a single coat!
In addition to buying gloves and a piece of outerwear to survive the coldest days in Tokyo, I also decided to purchase a beanie. To be perfectly honest, hats are not my thing. I feel like I look terrible in them! Not to mention the hat hair… not into it. I did manage to find a pretty cute pom-pom style beanie on our last full day in Tokyo, and it’s the perfect neutral shade for my winter wardrobe. I likely won’t need it for a while back in Texas, but I’m glad I found one I’m not embarrassed to wear! In the spirit of winter coming soon, I thought I’d share more of my favorite beanies and hats for those of you looking to add a new one to your winter wardrobe:
- For a little holiday color, try this red beanie with a little faux fur pom at the top! Too cute.
- I feel like this beanie with cat ears would’ve fit right in here in Japan!
- If you’re looking for something for everyday wear, this confetti beanie is a subtle neutral shade that’s comfortable and fuss free.
- For something a more elegant and luxurious, try this black style by Badgley Mischka!
- I love embellishments, and the sparkling bows on this Marc Jacobs beanie are darling!
- There’s nothing I love more than white in winter, so this jeweled beanie tops my list!