Upon arriving in Tokyo, I was met with cooler weather than what I expected. Mostly, I was OK in the heavy cardigans and layers I brought along with me, but the temps dropped considerably the day we were planning to go to Nikko. To prepare for our day trip, Jess and I decided to stop in UNIQLO to pick up an extra layer or too. In addition to snagging a few layering items from their HEATTECH collection, I also discovered this tailored camel coat! The fit was perfect and the price was too good to pass up. It’s just the simple camel coat I’ve been looking for all season! I just can’t believe I found it for such an amazing steal!
Haven’t shopped UNIQLO before? They’re known for their inexpensive wardrobe staples and everyday basics, and just so happen to be a Japanese brand (although they can be purchased here in the US and online). It’s sort of like the Japanese version of Zara or Gap, if you will. Here are some additional items to peruse at UNIQLO that’ll keep you a little more cozy this holiday season – best part? They’re all inexpensive and would make fantastic holiday gifts:
- This ribbed v-neck would be a welcome addition to any fall/winter wardrobe. It’s only $30 and comes in four gorgeous neutrals!
- This short-style peacoat is a style you’ll wear for years. Such a classic! At just under $100, it’s a must-have.
- I’m obsessed with the pointelle/dotted details on this crewneck sweater. It’s a dainty and feminine option for the office, church or dressing up your favorite boyfriend jeans on the weekend.
- This minimalist turtleneck dress will keep you cutting-edge, chic and cozy all winter long. Would love to pair it with a long fur vest! PS: it’s only $40.
- Cashmere scarves under $50? Yes, please!