I’m officially declaring 2016 as the year of the ruffle. You can’t deny the presence of frills and flounce this year – they were literally everywhere. On tees and sweaters, skirts and dresses, shoes, and even denim shorts. Like I said… everywhere. I for one loved this trend, and hope it continues in 2017. Ruffles are such flirty, feminine accents, adding volume, texture and a little bit of sass to each piece it adorns.
If you love ruffles like I do, I’ve rounded up 10 frilled favorites below for you to shop!
- Stripes, pearl buttons and ruffle sleeves make this Gucci sweater a super special piece. So dainty, but also fashion forward. Love it!
- I’ve gotten so much use out of my Victoria Beckham ruffle tee, I’m thinking about getting this more casual style with ruffled sleeves by Current/Elliott in white! Wouldn’t it be so adorable this spring/summer with jeans or shorts?
- This satin ruffle blouse is on sale for under $50 and in the prettiest peach shade for spring! Also love this style in the same color.
- Looking for a last-minute NYE number? This one-shoulder dress has got a touch of shine, and a flattering ruffle neckline. Just don’t forget the rush shipping to get it before Saturday!
- This sweater is under $90 and features the most elegant ruffled sleeves! Plus, winter white is always a timeless choice.
- Even though it feels like ages away, spring is right around the corner. Welcome warmer weather with this ruffle mini dress (on sale)!
- Ruffles and bell sleeves? Yes, and hell yes. This sweater has both.
- This raspberry ruffle Gucci coat is absolutely incredible. Talk about making a statement!
- This long-sleeve navy dress is under $50 and would look great for any occasion.
- This Lela Rose asymmetrical hem skirt is a lovely look for a work event, luncheon or cocktail party. The neutral color scheme makes it a surprisingly versatile piece.