Oh boy, am I a fan of these three classic colors! Each one gets a substantial amount of wear in my closet, and can be paired with literally any other color you could think up. Sometimes my favorite way to wear them though, is together. One of my favorite handbags I’ve ever purchased is this Celine luggage tote, because it features a similarly impressive tri-color combination. There’s something so tasteful about the ivory, cognac and black paired together, don’t you think? It’s like they were meant to be! Back to this outfit, camel and black is a no-brainer in my book. I find myself pinning looks with these two hues time and again… anyone else do this?
While I love the black and camel combo alone, I felt like this particular outfit needed a punch of lightness to tie it all together. This cream mock neck knit has been one of my favorites since I purchased it from Shopbop’s big sale in the fall! The length is great for wearing with jeans, leggings and the like, but it’s lightweight and thin enough to tuck into skirts and trousers for the office. It’s the ideal shell for this time of year to wear under your favorite blazers, jackets and lightweight coats. The mock neck gives the knit a more modern feel, but it won’t stifle you inside like a turtleneck sometimes can. It’s a win-win!
Shop more must-have wardrobe basics in these classic colors below:
- My mom purchased these boots in black at the end of fall and says they are so comfortable! The side-tie detail is unique and so cute, don’t you think? Since the heel is low, it would make a great travel boot too! Which color do you prefer?
- Another great lightweight sweater I wear under blazers is this crewneck style from Banana Republic. Another simple style for the office you can layer a bunch of different ways!
- If you are hoping to score a bag like mine, but don’t want to spend over $1,000, try this Ferragamo cutie. Comes with a similar gold chain strap and the signature bow. Darling!
- The camel coat I’m wearing actually comes in a pea coat style that I LOVE! Such a cute option for more casual wear. Did I mention it’s on sale for under $80?
- Looking for a leather skirt in an appropriate silhouette for work? Try this one from TopShop. It’s actually faux leather and under $100!
- A perfectly minimal black cape that’s only $20? Call me crazy, but it exists.
- If you live somewhere really cold, I highly recommend picking up a pair of fleece-lined tights. For all you dress and skirt wearers, these will make a dramatic difference.
PS – if you’re interested in recreating this hairdo at home, check out my video tutorial here!