This weekend while my mom was in town, we visited several furniture and decor shops around Dallas to gather inspiration and find some items for the new house! We also visited Loewe’s, Best Buy, Ed Kellum & Son, and more to locate TV’s, a fridge and a washer/dryer that would fit in my house. Because it was built in the 1930’s, the spaces for the big ticket items (like the fridge) are much smaller than what you’d find in a typical house made in more recent years. This gave us a pretty limited selection to choose from, but after some research I think we found the right pieces! I also found a couple of other furniture items that I think will work, I just want to run by the house this week to re-measure and make sure it will fit and look good there. All in all, I feel like we got a good amount of work done.
If you’ve been following on SnapChat (merrittbeck), I’ve also been ordering some things online for various spaces in the house. I thought it might be fun to share what I’ve found so far!
- I haven’t ordered this piece yet, but I’m planning to use this dresser in my master bedroom. I adore the slightly rustic look of the wood finish, and think it will look fabulous with all the other neutrals in the space!
- I was eyeing a pair of super expensive lamps until I found a very good dupe for a fraction of the price. These lamps just arrived in the mail last week, and I’m head over heels! I’ll be replacing the lamp shades, but the base is right up my alley.
- AERIN is having a major home decor sale, so I snagged two new trays. I’ll probably use this gorgeous tray in my living room to organize items on my coffee table, and this gold tray in my closet or bathroom for my perfume.
- This is actually not something I need to buy, but already have… I’ll be using this desk (I’ve had it in storage for three years!) in my office! It’s a little more modern than the rest of the room, but I’m hoping it’ll all tie together.
- We’re still working on the dining room furniture, but my heart is pretty set on this chandelier for over the dining table. So pretty! It’ll look great with my bar cart in the room!