If you don’t know much about Dallas, one thing you can take away from today’s post is that the weather here is incredibly volatile. Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve had 20 degree temps and snow flurries, 85 degree heat and sunny skies, crazy thunderstorms and wind, you get the drill. In fact, on one day we experienced a 50 degree drop in the temperature in a matter of hours. It was insane! With that said, Dallasites sort of have to be ready for anything. These crazy weather changes have done a number on my health (currently suffering through allergies and a relentless cough – tiny violins, I know), and my hair. I’ve been throwing my hair in a ponytail a bunch lately, which is something I normally never do. I almost always wear my hair down! It’s just not worth wasting my time curling or blowing it out perfectly to be messed up by rain, wind, and the like.
On those days where I just throw my hair up in a pony, I like to make sure my ears are decked out in some fun statement earrings. I’ve loved how lightweight these Design Darling earrings have been! I can wear them the entire day without any pain or annoyance – I almost forget I’m wearing them. Unfortunately the black pair from Design Darling is sold out, but I found this pair and this pair elsewhere that look nearly identical. They’re just an effortless way to add some flair to my go-to basics like chunky knit sweaters and tees. Speaking of chunky sweaters, this cozy one is under $70! The braided detail near the shoulders adds some interest to the sweater, and I love the slouchy sleeves and black + white thread combo. Perfect for pairing with leggings or jeans and over-the-knee boots, don’t you think? Shop more chunky knits below:
- For a sweater you can transition to spring, try this soft wisteria-hued sweater from Rebecca Taylor. So feminine and romantic!
- This chunky cardigan would be an ideal traveling companion – the shorter sleeves make it another piece you could wear longer.
- If you’ve been loving the brights on THE SHOP, you’ll fall head over heels for this turquoise knit!
- I would definitely enjoy this fuzzy, chunky scarf on the colder days here in Dallas. Looks so cozy!
- For the navy or nautical-obsessed, try this FRAME sweater.
- This chunky winter white cable knit sweater is a staple your closet desperately needs.