One question I receive a lot for the Beck and Call newsletter is if I can share some cute business casual outfit ideas! I’ve gotten this question from grad students, people heading to interviews at creative jobs, teachers, and more. This topic isn’t always top of mind for me, because as someone who works from home, I can dress as casually as I like. With that said, I love sharing versatile looks that can be worn from your desk to dinner! This month I’m going to share a few different outfits that are stylish, comfortable and easy to transition from the office to drinks with your girlfriends or dinner with your beau.
For the first look, I thought I’d share the timeless combo of a sleek blazer, jeans and heels. It’s an effortless ensemble that can be mixed and matched with a bunch of different pieces you likely already own! I love this blazer in particular, because of its useful neutral hue. It’s almost the exact same khaki color as my favorite belted trench that I wear constantly, so I know I’ll get my money’s worth out of this piece too. It’s a color that can definitely be worn year-round! The best part? This business casual blazer is under $70.
Once you’ve gotten the blazer figured out (it’s the anchor), just grab your favorite pair of clean skinny jeans (no holes!), a basic v-neck tee and a simple pair of pointy-toe pumps. This is a solid outfit that will be reliable time after time. You could always dress up the look a bit more with a silk blouse or trousers too! Below are a few other blazers to shop for recreating this look on your own:
- This Rag & Bone blazer has the length nailed down and a subtle menswear vibe that makes it ideal for the office.
- This navy wool blazer is a classic! Simple silhouette, but striking nonetheless.
- I love a good tuxedo jacket, and this one from Topshop is under $130!
- For something a little more fun and fashion forward, try this Veronica Beard blazer.
- This grey blazer is tailored, sophisticated, and most importantly, under $60.