With Valentine’s Day only one week away, it’s time to talk date night! I’m more of a jeans and heels than a dress gal myself, so I always opt for a statement blouse, classic skinny jeans and a pair of knockout heels. It’s a no-fail, no-frills look that can be created with a bunch of items you probably already own. This top, for example, is one I actually received from LN Family last year right before the holidays! It was so fun for wearing to Christmas parties, but it’s been equally useful for Valentine’s Day, nights out with the girls, and throughout summer with shorts. While statement sleeves may be a newer trend this year, this top from last year definitely hit the nail on the head with that. I love how the sleeves billow out and become even more voluminous when you scrunch them up towards the elbow!
These heels were a recent sale find on Shopbop, but they’re still on sale here! Originally $895, I snagged them for $235 when Shopbop offered an extra 25% off sale items right after Christmas. Such a great deal, especially on such a stunning Aquazzura style! If you’ve followed the blog for awhile, you’ve heard me rave about how comfortable this pair is that I purchased several years ago. I’m thrilled it’s become a staple in their collection, because I wear them every year! In addition to being one of the more sturdy and comfortable heels in my closet, they’ve held up incredibly well too. I’ve only had to get them re-soled once, and they came back looking good as new!
Here are some other statement tops and high heel combos for Valentine’s Day date night for you to peruse! How are you planning to celebrate this year?
- Another red blouse I’m obsessing over right now is this ruffled style by Marques’ Almeida – really all of his tops! Dying for this turquoise top for spring/summer…
- Sometimes less is more, and that is certainly the case with these sandals. I have them in nude, but black would be just as useful for a year-round neutral! Sexy and simple.
- This blush off-the-shoulder top would be a wonderful investment for transitioning to spring! It would look fab with white jeans and shorts, but pair with black or blue jeans and heels for V-Day!
- If you’re looking for a more festive heel for the occasion, these red Alexandre Birman sandals are super cute and perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- This Alice McCall top is another one you could wear now and later. Love this breezy blouse!
- Live somewhere warm? These pretty pink pumps are adorable.
- If you prefer burgundy over bright red, this one-shoulder ruffle top is stunning.