In case you missed it, last week Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and predicted another six weeks of winter. No surprise to me, considering the weather dipped back in the 40’s last week here in Dallas! Back to cozy sweaters, leggings and boots. I’m not complaining though. I feel like we’ve had a pretty mild winter and I haven’t had a chance to wear my cold weather favorites as much as I’d like! As much as I’m ready for spring clothes and sunny, warm weather, I sort of hope we’ll have one more snow day to bookend the season. It’s warm again this week, so who knows what we’ll get!
As the weather continues to fluctuate over the next several weeks, dressing for the office can be tough. You’re caught between the colors of spring and the heavy fabrics and layers of winter, which is where transitional wardrobe staples like this suede skirt (ON SALE!!!) come in. It’s been one of my favorite purchases of the fall/winter season, because it goes with SO much! The clean inverted pleat style is sophisticated for the office, but crafted in buttery camel suede it is a touch more elegant and stylish than your typical wool or suit-style skirts. I’ve already worn this skirt twice on the blog, here at New York Fashion Week with a sartorial blouse, and here with classic black for transitioning into fall. It’s just such a great neutral base to wear with any top or sweater, don’t you think?
With a nod to spring, I most recently paired the skirt with this creamy sweater I found at ASOS for under $100! As I’m sure you already know, statement sleeves are the trend of the season. I’ve seen so many of the tiered sleeve sweaters already, so I thought this fluted style sleeve was a little more unique and fun. Unfortunately my sweater is now sold out (it may come back in stock – I’ll let you know!), but here are some additional tops with voluminous sleeves to discover and shop for your own transitional wardrobe:
- For a similar look to the sweater I’m wearing here, try this style!
- If you’re not opposed to brights, this ribbon red Tibi sweater looks incredibly soft and snuggly.
- On the blouse front, try this one by Style Mafia and this one by Clu.
- Don’t let the cropped style of this sweater fool you. It’s perfect for the office for tucking into skirts and pants without the bulky extra fabric long sweaters have!
- I’m still having all the heart eyes over this M.i.h. sweater. Such a cutie!
- I don’t shop at Zara all that often, but they’ve got great knitwear right now. Obsessed with this sweater, this flared cuff knit and this tie-sleeve sweater too!