As someone who gravitates towards classic silhouettes, I sometimes find it hard to commit to super trendy pieces. Case in point: the crop flare denim trend that’s all over the place right now! I personally feel like the skinny jean is the most flattering style for my figure, simply because I have small calves and think it’s better to show those off than to hide them with flares and wide-leg styles. I’m a firm believer in dressing for your body type, even if that means avoiding a hot trend completely.
With that said, over the last couple of months I’ve ordered multiple pairs of crop flare jeans and have been pretty disappointed with the ones I tried on. They just did nothing for me! I’d sort of given up hope until last week when this pair from MOTHER arrived in the mail. The high-rise style was right up my alley, and I love the little distressed details in all the right places. The crop flare is so subtle you almost don’t notice it, which I think is exactly what I was looking for. Other tall girls will likely relate to this, but oftentimes I feel like cropped styles just make me look like I’m wearing high-waters! Especially the super flared styles like this one or this one.
With these MOTHER jeans, I enjoy being able to try the trend without feeling too over-the-top or out there. Here are some other crop flare styles to peruse if you’re looking to test out the crop flare look this season:
- If I were to go with a larger flare, I would check out this pair. I loved the way they looked on, they were just a bit more fashion forward than I wanted for everyday wear!
- If a simple, clean pair is what you’re after, try this Paige style.
- I’m loving the embroidery I’m seeing on a bunch of denim styles this season, and this Stella McCartney pair is just darling.
- Snag a white pair for summer that’ll look fab with nude sandals!
- This pair from THE GREAT is a great shade for spring/summer! Also love it in this wash.