If you’ve followed along for awhile, you’ll know I have a soft spot for Victorian- and Edwardian-inspired blouses and necklines. There’s something so regal and sophisticated about pieces like this Tibi blouse, don’t you think? The ruffled collar and exaggerated sleeves make this a statement making blouse for everyday wear. Pair with a pencil skirt and sleek black pumps for the office, and tuck it into high-rise skinnies for a night out! Because I’m quite busty, I’m always worried tops like this won’t work for me – I’ve been disappointed again and again after several orders of similar blouses that all end up looking like a giant tent on me. They usually make me look bigger than I am, and who the hell wants that?
The solution, I’ve discovered, is to tuck in the blouse. As someone who hasn’t always had a super flat stomach, I usually try to avoid bringing attention to that area and generally leave tops untucked. Now that BBG is toning me up, I feel more comfortable tucking things in. By tucking in a blouse like this, you bring attention to your waist, and the blouse has somewhere to go other than to just hang off you. SO much more flattering! I’m so glad I figured this out, because I really do love pieces like this and felt like I was missing out! This top is part of Shopbop’s Big Event Sale, so snag it up to 25% off before tomorrow night with code GOBIG17 at checkout!
More Tibi favorites on sale:
- My favorite item from the Spring/Summer ’17 runway collection is part of the sale! It’s the perfect orange-red mini for parties and nights out this season!
- This boat-neck blush blouse will become an instant classic for your work wardrobe, but would look just as chic with white denim or shorts this summer! Love the sleeves.
- Try a new juicy shade this summer with this Mango-hued number. So fun and unexpected!
- My go-to mules are also part of the sale in black and in gold! Trust me, you need a pair.
- This balloon-sleeve blouse comes in two incredible year-round neutrals and is another work-to-weekend closet staple. Don’t miss it!
- Can’t get enough of that Mango color? Me neither. This Edwardian dress also comes in that delicious hue.