How’s everyone’s week going so far? I’m so thrilled to have my days back after jury duty last week! As someone who completely relies on their computer for work, it was really difficult to go without access to one for 6-8 hours every day last week. By the time each day in court was over, I was so mentally drained I didn’t have the focus or drive to sit down and work when I got home. Have any of y’all been picked for a jury before? It was a very interesting experience (I learned a lot!), but it definitely is not a vacation – especially with the trial I was on! I also spent a good portion of the week stress eating… the subject matter was heavy! Definitely glad to be back to my normal schedule and eating habits.
Over the weekend I participated in some much needed St. Patty’s Day debauchery. The real day is this Friday, but each year there’s a giant parade that happens in Dallas and it just so happened to fall this weekend! There are always fun house parties to go to, so I stopped by one before meeting another group of friends at The Rustic, followed by Chelsea Corner and then dinner at Javier’s. I ended up staying out until 3am! Kind of crazy. If you caught it on SnapChat, I wore this deconstructed denim skirt that I ordered during the Shopbop sale. It was perfect for pairing with my green off-the-shoulder top and sandals for the day! I love the fit of this skirt – it’s going to be a great go to when the temps really heat up this summer.
I’m still on the hunt for a new pair of denim shorts for this summer… here are a few pairs I’ve been eyeing. Any favorites?
- I think this Levi’s pair is probably my best bet! I love the slightly longer look on these shorts, which would be great for my tall frame. They look perfectly destroyed too!
- These roll-up shorts are a more polished pair if you’re not into the distressed denim look.
- Just like everyone needs a clean white skinny jean, you also need a clean white pair of shorts. Love this style!
- The vintage wash on these 7 For All Mankind shorts will look great with all your favorite summer whites!
- If you prefer a high-rise silhouette, this J.Crew pair is super flattering!