I wasn’t even shopping for my New Orleans trip when I discovered this dress on Revolve last month, but the second I saw it I knew it would be perfect! The dainty embroidery, pretty blue + white color scheme (stripes!) and flattering, modest silhouette exudes Southern charm, don’t you think? I wore this look my first day in NOLA for exploring the city with my sister. It was about 80 degrees and sunny that day, so this dress was the ideal option for walking around outside! It also has pockets, which was a great spot to put my phone since I kept pulling it out to snap pictures around town. No digging around in my purse trying to find it every five minutes! Unfortunately my dress is nearly sold out, but this shorter style features the exact same embroidery and print!
As I mentioned last week, I usually opt for easy dresses like this for daytime wear throughout the warmer months of the year. While I love wearing jeans, it’s just not worth it with the temps as high as they are here in Texas! Here are some other casual midi dresses to peruse and pick up for summer:
- The other midi dress you may have seen me in while I was in New Orleans is this Leith dress. It is SO comfortable and summer flattering. It also features pockets, is available in several solid colors, and is under $70!
- This bright striped number is so much fun! Love the color scheme.
- This Veronica Beard dress looks A LOT like the dress I’m wearing above. So cute and lightweight!
- This one-shoulder Mara Hoffman dress (featuring an oversized ruffle!!) is calling my name! Love the light lavender hue too.
- I love the subtle pinstripes on this off-the-shoulder number.
- Add a panama hat and some simple flat sandals to this dress and you’ve got a winning summer look. Effortless and chic!
Dress: Parker (nearly sold out – similar here), Bag: Givenchy, Shoes: Nicholas Kirkwood, Diamond Earrings
That dress is just stunning, you look gorgeous.
This dress is so gorgeous! I love the details and color!
Purple is your color! Love, love this dress on you!
LOVE this dress on you, Merritt!
I LOVE THIS DRESS! I saw it and saved it, too instantly. It looks great on you! xo
So pretty! Love the seersucker and embroidered details!
Such a beautiful dress! Love that color blue on you.
What a gorgeous dress! I just love the color, detailing, and fit!
Straight A Style
What a cute dress, Merritt! Xo
That dress is so flattering! Simply perfect for New Orleans!
XO Kylen | Kylen Every Wear
Lovely dress and scenery.
I love love love your dress. You look great!