After a whirlwind weekend with the rewardStyle conference and hosting friends in town, I’m getting back into my day to day routine. Of course when hosting friends who don’t visit often, you want to take them to the best restaurants and I obviously ended up indulging a few times over the weekend! I did manage to fit in my BBG Friday morning before the conference festivities began, so at least there’s that. To be honest, I’m still struggling to shed a few of those pounds I packed on in New Orleans (too much fried food!!), so this week I’m really going to make an effort to eat clean and get back to where I was prior to that trip. You just hate to see that BBG + FlyWheel progress go to waste!
If you follow on SnapChat, you’ve seen me wear this dress at least four times now. I bought it a couple days before my NOLA adventure, and it’s been on repeat ever since! What I love about this dress is it features two flattering elements for my particular figure: a cinched waist and a large ruffled one-shoulder neckline that hides my bust. I love how easy it is to throw on with my favorite flat sandals to wear to brunch, casual dinners, happy hour and the like. I feel feminine and put together, but not like I’m trying hard to make that happen. It’s just so effortless! I’ve worn it walking the French Quarter with my mom and sister, to happy hour with friends at DOTS, to dinner with my out-of-town guests, and more. I also think it’s a great date night look for me, considering I prefer not to wear heels in case I end up being as tall or taller than the guy (it happens). Who knows, maybe I’ll wear it again on one this week! I actually bought this cutie at Nordstrom, but it’s now only available at Dillard’s. I’m wearing a small! It’s also available in this amazing raspberry color at REVOLVE!
For those of you requesting more budget-friendly options in my survey last week, this dress should be right up your alley. While it’s not cheap, at $108 it’s way more affordable than some of the other dresses I feature on here. Either way, it’s already been a super useful item in my closet and I’m positive I’ll be wearing it over and over this summer! Here are some additional one-shoulder dresses to check out for casual summer wear:
- Like a good gingham? This dress features the same silhouette I’m wearing but in a fun summer print that’s under $80.
- The same dress I’m wearing comes in this gorgeous watercolor print too!
- I love the subtle double ruffle on this soft pink number. Same flattering silhouette and under $50!
- This dress features some fantastic embroidery with a fun pop of color. Such a cute style for the hottest months!
- The belt detail and crochet knit trim add something special to this casual little number.
- This Tory Burch dress doesn’t feature a cinched waist, but you really can’t go wrong with pretty eyelet like this.