Minus the heels, this is a look I repeat over and over throughout the week. Working from home allows me the freedom to dress as comfortably as I want, and while it’s certainly tempting to stay in Lululemon all day, I like to get ready and look cute. It’s always nice when I can dress up what I’ve been wearing all day with just a quick change of my shoes! I wore this look from my desk to dinner with a couple girlfriends a few weeks back. It’s incredibly comfortable, but with the right accessories it looks elevated and ready for a night out.
You’ve heard me praise the brand THE GREAT before, right? This is now my third tee from them. The fabric is so, so soft and the fit is right on the mark. I have this scoop neck short sleeve tee in white and ecru (the one I have does not have rips), and more recently added this marled grey boatneck style to my closet. Sure, not everyone wants to spend a bunch of money on a t-shirt, but if you wear them as often as I do, investing in a high quality tee is absolutely worth it. The ultimate blank canvas, solid t-shirts in white, black and grey always come in handy. You’ve probably heard me talk about how I clean out my closet every few months to get rid of items I’m not wearing and keep everything tidy. The one thing I never get rid of? T-shirts like this. Shop more must-have tees at various price points below:
- This twist-front tee is an effortless closet staple, and at $22, you can buy every color!
- For a more casual style, I really like the almost textured look a slub jersey tee can bring to the table. I have a similar one from GAP (old!) that I wear all. the. time.
- The special tie-front detail on this Wilt tee takes it from boring to anything-but-basic.
- This crewneck style is a classic you can wear with just about anything (and under $20!).
- A navy + ivory striped tee is an essential you can wear year-round! Love this boatneck style from J.Crew.
- Current/Elliott also makes some amazing, soft t-shirts. This short sleeve tee looks a lot like the one I’m wearing here!
PS – this is the other pair of MOTHER jeans I picked up recently. They are SO comfy! I love the subtle splatter paint detail near the pockets and slightly distressed look of them, don’t you?