You’re probably wondering why I’m wearing two different pairs of sunglasses in this post, aren’t you? Well I started off in these mirrored frames, but because it was so hot and I was getting so sweaty, they kept falling off my nose! I think I need to get them tightened a bit… Anywho, this is one last look at my trip to the Riviera Maya! I was so excited to finally be going on a beach trip, that I ended up splurging a bit on swimwear. I’ve always wanted to buy a Zimmermann suit, but until this season I hadn’t found the right one that looked good on me. As I’ve said before, one-pieces are difficult for me because of my long torso, and generally the bikini tops wind up being way too small! Tall girl + big boob problems, I guess.
When I ordered this style, I did have a few concerns about the neckline and whether I could pull off something that low cut. I generally don’t opt for pieces that revealing, but hey, it’s for the beach! I absolutely love, love, LOVE the floral print on this one-piece, along with the delicate ruffle detail throughout. It totally makes up for and softens the low-cut neckline, don’t you think? I feel like they balance each other out. The color scheme is so dreamy and romantic, and it’s flattering to boot. I’m so excited to take this swimsuit with me when I head to California with my girlfriends for my 30th birthday in July! If you saw this post, then you also saw me in this one-piece from Shoshanna. I adore the delicate floral print on it, and the silhouette is super flattering – although I don’t think it’s as youthful looking as this Zimmermann number. Love them both though! I’m glad to have a few more one-piece options in my swimwear collection. I’m opting for them more and more these days!
Shop more must-have maillots for summer below (many of which are on sale!!):
- If you love the look of Marysia suits, check out this one – now 50% off!
- As I’ve said before, Trina Turk swimwear fits so well and always flatters the figure. Loving this new print!
- The molded cups on this La Perla suit make it incredibly flattering.
- This Karla Colletto suit highlights your waist with a sophisticated wrap look.
- If you’ve got a good tan or have naturally darker skin, this color would look phenomenal. My friend Megan wore this color (but a different style) in Mayakoba and it looked amazing on her!
- This Michael Kors suit comes in white or navy, and features a very slimming waist-cinching band.
- This colorblock DVF suit reminds me of a popsicle, and I love it!!