You may remember these shorts from my NYC trip in May? I bought them the week I left, and I’m glad I did because New York was a SCORCHER the day I arrived. It didn’t help that the cab I took to meet my friend for lunch that day didn’t have AC… I usually avoid wearing shorts if I can because they generally run too short on me. I always feel like I have to tug at them and pull them down! In addition to the ruffle adding a feminine touch, they also add another couple inches to the hem which makes them a great length (especially for me!). I also love the flattering high waist style, which allows me to tuck in my favorite tanks and tops for a cinched in look. Superb! I’ve clearly dressed them up for nighttime here, but I wore them in New York with my Chanel black leather espadrilles, a tote and a simple white shell. These shorts made the outfit – had I worn any other pair, I would’ve felt too casual! You can find other colors and more sizes in these shorts here.
If you too enjoy a flattering, elevated pair of shorts to wear in this crazy hot weather, check out these finds below!
- Obsessed with the lace-up sides on these shorts. That combines with the sophisticated navy hue give them a nautical look!
- Love the ruffle look, but don’t want to spend as much as I did? Check out this pair.
- These pleated white shorts almost look like a skirt, don’t you think? I sort of love that. The length is great!
- This striped pair from Zara features ruffles too, but in a different way. Now on sale!
- A paper bag waist can be super flattering, so definitely try out this pair if you’re looking for something waist-cinching!
- Love this blue + white eyelet pair too! Also a great sale find under $40.
- The contrasting black + white stitching on this pair of broderie anglaise shorts is striking! Love the length of these also.
- This gingham pair is now on sale for under $30!
- Leave it to Dolce & Gabbana to have me dreaming in vivid color! These shorts are as beautiful as a painting, and feature the high-waist + longer hemline I crave.
- This pink pair is under $100 and features a pretty textured look!