If you’ve followed this blog for awhile, you’ll know I don’t show off too much skin very often. I’m definitely more of a modest dresser, especially when it comes to things concerning my chest area or really short hems. I love low-cut and short styles on other people, but sometimes I feel like my boobs are a little too big to pull it off and because I have such long legs, things always end up looking even shorter on me. I figured if there was ever a time to be more daring, it’s for my 30th birthday! God willing I’ll still be fit and strong in my 40’s and beyond, but I’ll never be as young again as I am right now! I ordered this Zimmermann playsuit on a whim during the big Shopbop sale that happened several months ago (along with a bunch of other Zimmermann styles!), and was so surprised how much I liked it. Rompers are usually not my thing, mostly because they are generally too short-waisted for my long torso or the shorts are too short for my liking. I love how the shorts on this playsuit hang a little lower, and the ruffle detail on the hem makes them even longer! The longer hem makes it look more like a dress and less like a romper, in my opinion.
The big question was whether the completely open back would even work for me… If I go strapless or off-the-shoulder I almost always have to wear a strapless bra, so I was worried it wasn’t going to happen. When I saw how flattering the playsuit was everywhere else though, I decided to order these pasties to wear so I could in fact go braless. I’m so glad I did, because this was the MOST fun and flattering piece I could’ve worn for my birthday dinner! If it weren’t so hot in Texas I would’ve worn it already, but I know I’d sweat right through it. I may try to wear it again before I leave California on Sunday since the weather here is so ideal for a piece like this!
Since my exact playsuit is sold out (except for an XS!), here are some other gorgeous styles that are great for wearing to dinner and out at night!
- This black Zimmermann style features the exact same silhouette, but features an eyelet lace trim and sheer accents.
- This Padua romper looks like it would be super flattering!
- This pale blue Zimmermann playsuit has a similar open back and features ruffles, but also features a pretty swiss dot detail throughout.
- If you’re looking for something similar under $100, try this black ruffled romper.
- Here’s another Zimmermann style I’m drooling over. So angelic and perfect for these final months of summer!
- Love the oversized ruffle detail on this Magnolia romper!
- Want something simple, black and with an open back? Try this one.
- Love the floral print on this Zimmermann romper. It also features ruffles and an open back like mine! Did I mention it’s on sale?
- For a romper you can wear that won’t reveal sweat, try this Alexis style!
- This white lace playsuit would be perfect for a beach honeymoon!
Playsuit: Zimmermann (nearly sold out – similar here and here), Clutch: Anndra Neen, Shoes: Rachel Zoe, Diamond Earrings
So adorable! Love the color so much. Perfect for blondes :) Happy 30th!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday! This playsuit is gorgeous! I remember you shared it on Insta and loved it!
Love it! It looks gorgeous on you!
This suit is beyond amazing. All the detailing is so pretty. Hope you had the best birthday!!
You go girl! This looks so great on you!
Happy 30th! Enjoy the Nordstrom sale tomorrow!
That romper is like a dream! Love it!
|| FLOORTJELOVES ||
this is a great look on you! xo