One great way to incorporate fall into your wardrobe in a weather-appropriate way is to use prints like plaid. Plaid is such a telltale sign of the fall/winter season, don’t you think? Especially ones of the darker variety like this top. Most plaid shirts you see out there are simple button-downs, but what I love about this one is the feminine ruffle detail on the front. A nice twist to elevate it for work, dinner, and the like! While it sold out on Nordstrom (where I bought mine), I did find it in stock in EVERY size and on sale here!! What a happy discovery – it’s under $70 now! The main color on this shirt is a deep forest green, but it features black and white cross stitching allowing you to wear it with all your favorite black basics. While this skirt isn’t really work appropriate, I do think this plaid shirt would look great with a longer leather skirt or a simple black pencil skirt for the office. Dress it down with jeans and boots for the weekend or travel! This top is suuuuper soft too, so definitely snag it while you can at that amazing price! Since I’m a little busty, I decided on a medium which fits me perfectly.
If you love a good plaid or flannel look, try these other cute tops I found:
- Here’s another style by the same brand that would be perfect for the office!
- For a style you can wear out at night, try this open-back look from Something Navy’s Treasure & Bond collab!
- When it comes to comfort and softness, nothing beats this Rails shirt.
- The ruffle cuff on this plaid shirt adds a girly, trendy touch to a great basic!
- This Wildflower top has an easy boho look to it, and in the best fall shade of army green!
- This Paige blouse has a similar ruffled look in blue + grey. So pretty!