Happy Tuesday! Last Friday I attended a fun event at the Alexander McQueen store in Highland Park Village. The designer’s head of embroidery was there to walk us through the inspiration and backstory to the autumn/winter 2017 collection, which was really cool. This season’s inspiration came from Cornwall, England, where Sara Burton took the team to gather ideas. Embroidery and prints took on the look of medieval tapestries and needlework people used to decorate coats, dresses and the like back in the day. For this week’s EDIT, I was inspired by this jacquard cape from the collection. Isn’t she a beauty? I love the subtle winter colors and easy silhouette. It’s a piece you can wear with all kinds of neutrals and styles, from sweater dresses to jeans and over-the-knee boots. Shop more favorites from the fall/winter collection below!
- One of my favorite pieces from the collection is this winter white knit dress with metallic red piping. Such a gorgeous option for holiday parties this season! So pretty in person.
- This corset gown is definitely a nod to good old England. Stunning! Jacquard, embroidery and a handkerchief hem give it a royal look.
- For more of that hand embroidered look, check out this mini dress, this midi dress and this knit skirt.
- The medieval tapestry look on this darker cape is to die for! Also, it is incredibly soft. Kinda mad I didn’t get it on Friday.
- Probably the dreamiest item in the store was this blush shearling coat. Anyone want to buy that for me?
- There are a bunch of great tweed pieces in the collection too, that were inspired by the Wishing Trees in England. Love this dress!