OFFICE HOLIDAY PARTY
I love this dress SO freaking much. First off, it’s velvet… which you all know has been a huge trend this season. Second, those puffed shoulders are giving me all the 80’s vibes in the best way. In addition to the long sleeves keeping you warm, the sleeves and more modest neckline make this dress a sophisticated option for any office holiday party! Keep the look classic with statement earrings and a red lip, or add some edge with fun heels and a belt to show off your shape. Shop even more work party dresses at various price points below!
- This Ted Baker dress is a nice twist on the classic LBD! The embellishments are key.
- This Rachel Zoe number is a great one to have on hand for various parties throughout the season.
- Loving the black + navy color scheme on this kate spade new york dress. The velvet details are amazing!
- Stand out in gorgeous holiday color with this lace number. This is also a great option if you love red!
- Tweed is always a great fabric choice for work related functions, don’t you think? Loving this dress and this dress.
- This velvet knotted dress is another beautiful option for the office holiday party! Sultry, but still super sophisticated.
- The neckline on this Reiss dress is so unique and looks incredibly flattering. Comes in four gorgeous colors!
- Long sleeves and a knee-grazing hem make this velvet dress a work winner.
GIFT EXCHANGE / GET TOGETHER WITH FRIENDS
In addition to work holiday parties and bigger bashes throughout the season, we all have smaller social gatherings this time of year, don’t we? My friends and I always plan at least one evening for a holiday dinner/cocktails/gift exchange before we all go home for Christmas. A couple years ago I even hosted a cookie decorating party! This year my friend Rachel is having us all over for a potluck holiday dinner, and I’m bringing an appetizer and a dessert (these cookies – THE FREAKING BEST!). On nights like this, I like to dress up a little bit. It’s not often we have the chance to get everyone together at once because we are all so busy! I consider it a bit of a special occasion. This year’ll I’ll probably wear something like this dress + boot combo, or perhaps leather leggings, a sweater and heels. Shop more looks for these occasions below!
- This soft dress from the GAP would look great with boots, booties or heels for a holiday get together this season! Plus, it’s under $70.
- The blouson sleeves on this simple sweater dress add a stylish touch to an otherwise basic piece. It would be so easy to dress up or down!
- This off-shoulder sweater dress is another great option for a Secret Santa party or dinner with friends!
- Go for festive in this red turtleneck dress… so darling!
- This belted sweater dress is a wonderful winter staple to have one hand. So effortless!
- This turtleneck dress looks beyond cozy! Comes in four colors and is under $140.
- Here’s another off-shoulder sweater dress to love!
I don’t know about y’all, but my family always dresses up for Christmas Eve! We have a nice sit-down dinner following the Christmas Eve church service, and everyone is usually in cocktail attire. Keeping church in mind, I usually opt for something like this dress: a festive number with a longer hem and flattering neckline. For added coverage, top with a pashmina or fur stole! Shop more Christmas Eve looks below:
- This jacquard Trina Turk number is to die for! The color, subtle metallic embroidery and modest, yet modern cut make it an ideal dress for Christmas Eve church + dinner!
- Love this velvet off-shoulder dress from Reiss! Obviously would get it in red.
- This J.Crew ruffle-hem dress is another sophisticated look for the night! Comes in black or red, and is on sale!
- What’s more festive than green velvet?
- This red flounce-sleeve dress is under $50 and would be perfect for a more casual church service + dinner, or dress it up with sparkly earrings and statement heels.
- This plaid A-line dress just screams Christmas, don’t you think?
- This red lace sheath is flattering, feminine and festive.
I take a similar approach to Christmas Day as I do to Thanksgiving. Comfortable, cozy and dressy-casual. I typically end up in skinny jeans, boots and some kind of sweater + vest/poncho/cape combo. It’s comfy enough to lounge around and eat all day in, but your look is elevated enough for family photos, when meeting new or unexpected guests, or for any social plans arise after your day with family. We usually go to our family friend’s house after we’ve celebrated at home for drinks, games and general merriment, and the younger crowd goes out after that! This is sort of my go-to look that’ll keep me looking cute all day and night long. Shop some of my favorite vests and ponchos below to recreate this look yourself:
- This shearling vest is reversible and comes in three great shades! I like the natural color best. They also have a faux fur version which is half the price and looks just as nice!
- On Friday I ordered this under $80 poncho to take with me to NYC… hope it arrives in time!
- Adore the luxe grey shade of this fox fur vest. So pretty!
- If you prefer a longer hem, try this black Weekend Max Mara vest.
- This Club Monaco vest is on sale for under $150!
- This Burberry wool cape is an absolute classic.
- This patchwork shearling vest from Theory is so dreamy!
- This H&M poncho is only $25 and perfect for throwing over leather leggings or jeans!
- This black shearling vest reminds me of the one I found last year! So good.
NEW YEAR’S EVE
I’m going allll out for NYE this year, mostly because I’m doing something new and different. Some of my girlfriends and I will be heading to Nashville for the holiday, so I plan to really dress up for the occasion! I find New Year’s Eve to be a particularly overrated holiday, but that definitely doesn’t stop me from playing the part. Alexis has some incredible sequined options this season, and I loved the unexpected pink + red combo on this one. Shop even more NYE looks below!
- This sequin drop waist dress looks like it was made for the red carpet or something. So stunning and under $240!
- If you like the idea of long sleeves, check out this sequined mini…
- This metallic Derek Lam dress is a really cute look without being too in-your-face flashy.
- This J.Crew midi dress is what dreams are made of! Love the tie-shoulder detail… They also have it in this shorter length.
- This long-sleeve sequin shift is under $130 and would look fab with just simple black accessories.
- Not a sequin fan, but still want some shimmer and shine? Try this pleated silver dress.
- Love this neutral sequin dress for a more muted look.
- Obsessed with the poofy shoulders on this little number from Ann Taylor – plus, it’s under $180!