Something really gross but also hysterical happened before my sister and I shot this outfit. Long story short, I stepped in dog poop. I’m not going to go into the graphic details, but let’s just say it could have been a day-ruiner. Life is all about choices. How you choose to handle a situation, what mood you choose to be in, how you choose to let someone or something affect you. We all have shit moments (I’m sorry, I had to), but how you handle them is up to you! Luckily my mom had some napkins and a water bottle on hand… I cleaned myself up, brushed it off and handled it gracefully if I do say so myself. I wasn’t about to let a little shit ruin my day shopping in Buenos Aires!
As this was the hottest day we’d be in the city, I opted for my lightest look yet. I don’t wear shorts very often, mostly because I don’t find them all that flattering on my big hips! They’re usually too short, narrow and tight in the wrong places. I went out on a limb, however, when I saw this tie-front skort. The style didn’t look fitted on the site, and with a skirted look on the outside it appeared it might hide my problem areas! I’m happy to report I was right about that. I also picked up this twist-back gingham top by the same brand! Gingham is such a fun print for spring, and I loved the soft neutral color scheme. It’ll look adorable with white and regular blue jeans too! Did I mention these pieces are under $100? I’m wearing a small in the top and a medium in the shorts.
Shop more pretty pieces by Moon River below – they’ve got such darling silhouettes at a reasonable price point!
- This pom pom dolman top and matching short set would look so cute all summer, but especially on 4th of July weekend! So fun!
- Pair this top with black jeans now and jean shorts this summer. The rope tie detail is so interesting and different!
- Mad at myself for not snagging this dress in my size when I had the chance! It’s nearly sold out in white, but it’s also available in red in other sizes!
- These shorts are too cute! I actually own the dress version of them – I’d planned to take it to Argentina but totally forgot to pack it!
- If you’re petite or short-waisted, this romper is truly adorable. Love the deep-V ruffle detail!
- Obsessed with this top! The bow on the bust and tie straps add a punch to a white linen tank.
- This breezy crochet maxi is just begging to go on a beach vacay!