I’ve never really thought of myself as a kimono person, mostly because I’m not very beachy or boho… at least when I’m in Texas. With that said, I always love having a piece I can throw on that instantly dresses up my favorite jeans outfits, but also helps hide some of my problem areas. In the cooler months of the year, that’s coats, trenches, capes, vests, etc. In summer I’m almost always in dresses, for both the comfortable/cool factor and because I find them flattering on my figure. On the days or nights when I want to wear jeans, however, I sometimes feel self-conscious about my hips or butt looking particularly large if I’m just wearing jeans and a tee or tank. I don’t always feel that way, but we all have our days where we just don’t feel that fabulous or fit. That’s where the kimono comes in!
This kimono is so lightweight you barely notice it’s even there, and the colors are obviously very bright and summer appropriate. I think it looks darling over all of my white camis and tees, and will look great with white denim and shorts too! Even with the bold print and color scheme, I have a feeling I’ll reach for this piece a lot over the summer. It’s just so easy and gives me a confidence boost when I wear it!
Since I’m so excited about this kimono, I thought I’d do a little research and see what other styles are out there – here’s a little roundup of my favorites!
- Loving the light blue + pink florals on this $20 find!
- If you’re looking for something that packs a punch, this orange-red hue is so fun for summer!
- Obsessed with the print and colors on this kimono! The price is right too, and it comes in a bunch of different colors!
- Are you more into soft colors and neutrals? Don’t miss this style.
- If you wear a bunch of navy, this might be right up your alley!
- Here’s another kimono with an incredible floral motif! Love the pink scheme too!
- This under $100 kimono has sort of a blue denim look to it (although much more lightweight) and features pretty white embroidery throughout.
- Love this simple striped kimono from Revolve. Another great piece for those of you who prefer neutrals!
- This kimono would be just as cute over a bathing suit as it would over white jeans and a tank! It also doesn’t have a print, if you’re not a fan of those.