One very welcome and happy surprise Katie and I got when we checked in was that Oktoberfest was going on the weekend we arrived in Vail! It spans two weeks, with the first happening in Lionshead Village and the second happening in Vail Village. Naturally, we had to check it out. After a long walk and big brunch at The Little Diner, we went back and got ready for the day. I decided on this new under $80 dress and my go-to flat over-the-knee boots from a few years ago. I wanted to be comfortable and cute, but also feature a little fall flair. The fall paisley print on this dress was perfect, and it was the ideal weight for a day in the sunshine! It’s already under $80, but today it’s 40% off with code NEWNOW – such a steal! While the weather is already cool this time of year, when you’re in the sun it can get warm. I didn’t want to carry all that much, so I opted for this mini crossbody bag! It’s surprisingly spacious inside, which was lucky since we had to buy a lot of tokens for drinks and food for the day. FYI – I found a similar pair of boots to the ones I’m wearing on sale for under $130!
In addition to good beer and yummy food, Oktoberfest featured a variety of events, contests and other happenings throughout the day! We watched the Bratwurst Eating Contest and the Keg Bowling, both of which were hysterical. They also had live music, dancing, and more! It was so much fun, and makes me want to do the real thing in Germany some day. Going to Oktoberfest on this trip was definitely a highlight – keep it in mind if you’re in Colorado in September next year!
Shop more budget-friendly fall dresses like this one below:
- Adore this polka dot wrap dress! The cranberry color is perfect for autumn in the office.
- This mustard dress would look great with a brown leather belt to cinch in the waist!
- Obsessed with the sleeves on this $75 LBD. Such a great party piece for fall/winter!
- Speaking of parties, this leopard-print velvet minidress would fit right in.
- For fall/winter weddings, don’t miss this tiered ruffle dress – such a gorgeous fall floral print!
- If you love the rust/sienna/burnt orange color that’s taken over all the fall collections, this midi dress may right up your alley. This one too!
- Loving the mixed prints and flattering shape on this dress.
- This dress would be a lovely addition to your fall work wardrobe!