Having a good selection of solid black LBDs in your arsenal always pays off, don’t you think? I have accumulated several over the years, most of which I feel like I’ll be able to wear for decades. Prints and certain colors can date a piece quickly, but there’s nothing more timeless than classic black. This is the dress version of this top I obsessed over a couple months back! I tried the top on in store, but it just wasn’t a great fit on me. The dress however… it was a keeper! The tiered ruffles on the waistline give off major Chanel vibes – Chanel did a similar silhouette on the runway a few years ago! This dress is currently on sale – I bought mine at Neiman’s and it came with a black slip underneath, so I’m not sure why the model in the photo isn’t wear one… haha but it would be easy to fix!
If you’re looking for something special, here are five amazing black cocktail dresses for nearly any occasion or event you may have coming up:
- This Tibi dress is an absolute work of art… that neckline, that hem, that half belt! Flattering, interesting and totally beautiful.
- If you love a one-shoulder look like I do, don’t miss this or this.
- This dress is under $220 and such a great lookalike to this piece Meghan Markle wore in August! So flattering and classic.
- Love the subtle peek-a-boo sections of lace, high neckline and midi skirt on this dress!
- This dress has been on my wish list for awhile… such a dream! PS: it’s finally on sale!
- BONUS: if you’re on the hunt for a chic AF black jumpsuit… see here and here.