I’ve tried on a number of jumpsuits over the years, but it wasn’t until this navy style from Lela Rose’s Pearl line that I felt like I was a jumpsuit person. As a girl with hips, jumpsuits often cut too narrow on me and hug in unflattering places. As a tall girl, they also are often too short waisted or the legs are too short/cropped on me. Needless to say, it’s been a struggle to find the right fit! I have discovered the best jumpsuit silhouette for my body type is one that is fitted at the waist and wide in the hips/legs – and this Pearl by Lela Rose jumpsuit was just that. It’s currently available on their site, but quite a few sizes have sold out already – don’t wait to shop!
In celebration of my jumpsuit discovery, here’s a roundup of chic jumpsuit styles for summer! All of these would be great for fun dinners, nights out, parties and weddings this season:
- I’m obsessed with the flattering neckline and waist on this strapless jumpsuit. So modern and sleek. Comes in black or white!
- If you ARE a bride-to-be, don’t miss this jumpsuit. I’d probably get the top part lined with a nude fabric, but wow. So gorgeous!
- This coral-red off-shoulder jumpsuit is party perfect! It’s an investment, but it’s Lela – you know the fit will be on point. This jumpsuit is a great lookalike for less!
- This black jumpsuit is on sale for under $300 and features the fitted waist and loose-cut legs I love! This is a style you can wear year-round.
- This embellished off-shoulder jumpsuit is a glam option for a party!
- Adore a one-shoulder neckline? Don’t miss this black one.
- The pleated overlays on the wide leg pants of this jumpsuit add a luxe touch.
- Looking for a fun print? This jumpsuit would be ideal for a beach or outdoor wedding.
- The square neckline on this ravishing red jumpsuit is very Meghan Markle. Clean and chic, but in an outstanding color!
- A few other white jumpsuits to look at include this, this, this, this and this.
For sizing: I tried on the jumpsuit at the Dallas trunkshow, and they only had a 6 – it was too big in the bodice, but I was worried going down to a 4 might make it hug my hips. I ended up ordering the six and just having the top taken in for a perfect fit! If you’re not curvy, I’d say this jumpsuit runs a little big.