I’ve already shared A LOT of Nordstrom Anniversary Sale content on the blog, but if you’re not following me on the LIKEtoKNOW.it app you may be missing some of the exclusive sale content I’ve been posting there! For example, I’ve been sharing multiple Under $100 roundups from the #NSALE in the app! You can scroll down to see and shop those now at the end of this blog post, but several of the pieces have sold out since I shared these in the LIKEtoKNOW.it app. If you want immediate access to exclusives like this in the future, I highly recommend downloading the LIKEtoKNOW.it app and following me on there.
While not everyone wants to download another app to their phones, the LIKEtoKNOW.it app really is the easiest way to shop my Instagram content and other exclusives I am sharing only on the app. I asked you guys for some feedback on InstaStories in regards to the app a couple weeks ago, and found that there’s a lot of misinformation out there about it! I actually had a lot of you say you would use it if you could figure it out… so today I’m going to give you the full rundown!
With that in mind, I thought it might be helpful to give a rundown on why I use the app, why it is worth downloading, and some helpful tips on how to use it effectively – hopefully this opens your eyes to the benefits and gives you more insight into why it’s such a great shopping tool! Of my readers that do use it, they say it is a game-changer. In addition to lots of great info, you’ll also find screenshots from the app to help guide you below!
Why you should use the LIKEtoKNOW.it app
- Find every piece of shoppable content I share on Instagram in one convenient place: from my stories to my #ootds and to my feed photos, it’s all right there on my profile in the LIKEtoKNOW.it app.
- You can search for and shop specific products by using the Product Search tool! Say you’re on the hunt for a cute new pair of sneakers for summer travel. If you type in “sneakers” to the Product Search tool, every LIKEtoKNOW.it post featuring that keyword will show up in the results – not only does this give you a TON of styling inspiration at your fingertips from thousands of different bloggers/influencers, but it showcases a variety of options for the product you are searching for.
- You can save items you love for buying another time! Love the blouse I wore, but can’t buy right this second? Add it to your wish list for easy access and shopping at a later date.
- If you follow me on the app, you’ll never miss a post! One complaint I get on Instagram is that my followers rarely see my feed posts because of the dreaded Instagram algorithm. If you’re following me on the LIKEtoKNOW.it app, all of my posts will show up in reverse chronological order on the home page of the app (just like they used to on the Instagram app)!
Why I use the LIKEtoKNOW.it app as a blogger
- It’s the quickest way for me to link a bunch of items you see on my InstaStories or Instagram! For example, I can link my entire outfit (or the exact item I’m wearing from multiple stores carrying different sizes), my entire beauty routine, etc. Individual swipe-ups in InstaStories can be time consuming (both for you to tap through and for me actually creating them!), and I can only link to one product at one retailer each time I do it – not exactly helpful if your size is sold out at that particular store!
- LIKEtoKNOW.it is a dedicated spot where you can shop all of my Instagram content long after I have shared it on stories! Instastories last only 24 hours and thanks to the Instagram algorithm, you may miss my feed content. I receive numerous direct messages daily asking about things I’ve shared recently on stories, when nearly 100% of the items they ask about are things that are already linked on the LIKEtoKNOW.it app. Having the app on your phone will allow you to shop all of the things you’ve seen without having to wait for me to respond to your message! It’s also a great spot to return to for items you’ve been interested in but not wanted to buy at the particular moment I shared it on stories – you can create wish lists of those items and come back to shop whenever you like!
Helpful tips for using the LIKEtoKNOW.it App
Finding bloggers/influencers to follow: Click on the magnifying glass icon on the bottom right of the screen. Select the “Influencer Search” tab at the top and then type the Instagram handle/username of the blogger you want to follow! Below are some screenshots and instructions on how to do this:
Shopping within the LIKEtoKNOW.it app: you can either scroll down the homepage of the app for the most recent content of bloggers you follow or visit their profile to see all of their LIKEtoKNOW.it posts! If you’re on the homepage, links to everything featured in the image can be find directly below the image in a horizontal scrolling bar. Click on each product thumbnail for more information, pricing and to buy or add to your wishlist! If you’re shopping on a blogger’s profile within the app, click on the image you want to shop and all of the product thumbnails will appear below the image. Click on an individual product thumbnail for more information, pricing and to buy or add to your wish list! Below is an example of how to shop on my own profile within the app:
Finding/adding to/shopping your wish list: click the heart icon on the bottom of the app! All of the items you’ve added to your wish list can be found here and shopped at any time. Below are some step-by-step instructions and screenshots to guide you!
Searching for specific products: Click on the magnifying glass icon on the bottom right corner of the screen. Type in the product or a keyword for what you’re searching for – it could be as vague as “travel style” or as specific as “mascara”. Below is an example of how I searched for a trench in the app!
In summary, I hope you will consider downloading the LIKEtoKNOW.it app! My readers who use it absolutely love it, and I think you will too if you give it a chance. Not only does it save you time and make it easy for you to find EXACTLY what you are looking for, but it’s a great way to support me and my blog if you are interested in doing so! As always, I’m very grateful to those of you who have followed along and encouraged me over the years. I can’t believe I’ll be going into my 9th year of blogging in January!
How to download the LIKEtoKNOW.it App and follow me
- Click here to download the free LIKEtoKNOW.it app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Sign in using your email address – this is the only time you ever have to enter it!
- Click on the magnifying glass icon on the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the “Influencer Search” tab at the top of the screen and type in “merrittbeck”. My name should pop right up! Click “follow”. From here, you can either click on my name to visit my profile and shop all of my content or explore other content within the app.
PS: if you’re really that anti-app, you can also find this content on THE SHOP in the Instagram tab or by visiting www.liketoknow.it/merrittbeck in your internet browser. I’m only sharing all of this information so that you know what’s available to you if you do happen to join me on the app!
SHOP THE COLLAGE
TRENCH // LOAFERS // BUTTON-DOWN // PLEATED DRESS // QUILTED VEST // ANKLE BOOTS // HOOP EARRINGS // AVIATORS // JEANS // TEE
SHOP THE COLLAGE
COAT // JEANS // BROWN SWEATER // BODY LOTION // SKIRT // FACE PALETTE // BLANKET // GREY SWEATER // EARRINGS // SUNGLASSES // FAUX LEATHER JACKET
SHOP THE COLLAGE
LOUNGE SHIRT // JOGGERS // TURTLENECK // AVIATORS // EYESHADOW PALETTE // TRENCH // TOTE // ANKLE BOOTS // EARRINGS // LOAFERS // JEANS
SHOP THE COLLAGE
SWEATER // DRESS // FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS // EARRINGS // EYE DUO // BLAZER // BELT // ANKLE BOOTS // BLOUSE // SUNGLASSES
Hi Merritt – I am a new subscriber and found your blog (and subsequent Instagram and LikeToKnowIt pages) while googling “Chanel-style flats.” As someone who is very busy with work, doesn’t have much time to shop in stores (and even when I have time to shop, don’t know where to start), I believe you are providing a very valuable service to your readers. I’ve already purchased a pair of faux leather leggings and black ankle boots that you recommend–both through the Nordstrom Anniversary sale online. Faux leather leggings are new to me–would never have thought about buying those but I have to say they look great on (and arrived quickly). I may splurge on the Gucci pearl belt one of these days! I also appreciate that you are upfront about the affiliate links and that this is your method of receiving income for your clothing recommendations. You certainly deserve to be paid for your work! I will be sure to make all future purchases through the LikeToKnowIt app, since this is best for you, as described above. The work and detail that you put into this post is incredibly helpful. Best wishes to you with your business and I look forward to receiving more of your posts and recommendations. Definitely need to boost my style and you’re certainly helping me!