While I’m not one to spend a lot on particularly trendy pieces, there is one trend I’m buying into this season. Animal-inspired pieces are huge right now! And I’m not just talking leopard prints. While I love a good leopard print, it has pretty much become a classic at this point! This season, I’m all in for snakeskin prints and croc embossed accessories.
I’ve already picked up two snakeskin-print pieces this season, including this super comfy midi dress and these fun booties I found in the #NSALE! This midi dress is the perfect now and later piece – it’s lightweight and sleeveless, making it ideal for late summer/early fall, but the colors and hem length lend itself to fall/winter with the right jacket! The booties were a bit more of a wild card, but for under $100 I think they’re a pretty fab statement piece. I also got this gorgeous bag last winter and am so glad I went with the snakeskin! It’ll be so useful this season.
trend to try: animal inspired
I have yet to make a decision on what croc pieces to buy this season, but there are so many good shoes and handbags to consider! If you’re in the market for a trend piece or two for fall/winter, don’t miss this roundup of my favorite snakeskin print pieces and croc-effect bags and shoes:
- This elegant black clutch is such a chic date night/night out accessory!
- Y’all know I love a cami. This one is SO pretty in person – if I didn’t already have so many I would totally buy it.
- Adore a good t-strap pump! Love this style for fall.
- This silk shift dress is a total work-to-weekend staple! Wear it into winter with black tights.
- Block heeled sandals like this in brown croc are the ideal transitional shoe! Wear them effortlessly from summer to fall.
- This long sleeve shirtdress is another great desk-to-dinner style!
- These loafers look like a comfy shoe you can wear to work, on the weekend, traveling etc!
- My most versatile and well-constructed handbag style is a Givenchy Antigona bag I got several years ago! I love this croc-effect version so much I’m tempted to get another!
- These black boots are at the very top of my fall/winter wish list!!! So chic.
- This little STAUD top handle bag is the cutest trend piece!