Johanna Ortiz is one of those designers that is ALWAYS at the top of my wish list, but one I’ve never actually purchased… until now! Most of her pieces are out of my price range, but I discovered this darling ruffled maxi dress on MAJOR sale at Neiman’s when visited the Downtown Dallas store for my friend Rachel’s dress fitting in early July. It was originally $1,750 and I snagged it for $437!! Sure it’s still an investment, but considering I still needed a dress for Rachel’s wedding welcome party in San Miguel, it felt like fate! I’m all about investing in a fun piece like this for special occasions… especially my best friend’s wedding! I plan to wear it to my friend Amy’s wedding next month in La Jolla too!
Plus, I truly owned nothing like it. Bright orange is never a color on my radar, but the nude and orange floral print on this Johanna Ortiz dress is what caught my eye. It’s so different from anything I’ve seen, which is what makes it interesting and totally gorgeous! While this dress sold out pretty fast at the Neiman Marcus sale price, I did find it over on MyTheresa – it’s still on sale, but not as marked down. It runs small – I’m wearing a size 6 here, which is fitted at the waist and bust… note it is not stretchy at all up top!
If you’re as obsessed with Johanna Ortiz pieces as I am, check out more of her current collection (and a few items on sale!) below:
- This tiered midi skirt is a dreamy combo of beige and white, and it’s on sale! Still pricey, but might be good for a bride-to-be for a party or the honeymoon.
- Speaking of weddings, if I were a bride… this would be my pick for a rehearsal dinner dress. Plus, it’s on sale! It also comes in this fun orange-red print.
- This orange one-shoulder number would be perfect for an early fall wedding!
- This scarf is the most stunning combination of colors! Love the jaguar print.
- Adore this leopard midi dress from her fall collection!
- I don’t think I could personally pull this dress off because of the cups, but I’m OBSESSED! Such a cool piece for weddings, holiday parties, etc. It also comes as a skirt, which may be more versatile for me.
- This gown is a dream – unfortunately I have nowhere to wear it and can’t afford it! Haha.
- This dress is such a pretty color for fall! Great for UT fans… So is this skirt.
- Another fab wedding guest dress option is this ruffled red number.
- This caftan gown reaches new levels of fabulousness.