TGIF! I’ve been looking forward to this weekend for a few weeks now, so I’m SO EXCITED IT’S HERE! Tomorrow I fly out to New York to spend the next week in the Hamptons with my mom and sister. Really looking forward to a good girls trip, cooler weather, all the great things that go along with that: food, wine, walks on the beach, etc. We’ll be there through next Friday, at which time we are all flying directly to Austin for the wedding of one of my very dear family friends next weekend!
I know we’re going to some fun dinners, but I’m planning on dressing somewhat casual and cozy on this trip! We’re talking lightweight coats, sweaters, jeans and ankle boots most of the time. I’m hoping to shoot some content on this trip too, so stay tuned for outfits! In the meantime, I thought I’d share some of my favorite travel pieces.
- Several years ago I invested in a pair of black velvet slip-on sneakers from Vince. They’ve been a go-to of mine every fall/winter for travel, errands and throwing on to and from spin class – so cute and comfy! I recently saw this camel pair during their Friends and Family sale a couple weeks ago and decided to snag ’em. Just as comfy as the other pair, but in a warmer hue for wearing with different color schemes! They’re true to size and comfy on the very first wear.
- Last year before my Switzerland trip, Paravel sent me this stylish weekender and matching crossbody bag. I travel with a tech bag these days (for camera equipment/computer stuff!) so I don’t use the weekender much, but I still wear this crossbody quite a bit! Such unique shape and fits all the essentials: card case, keys, phone, lipstick, sunglasses!
- My friend Ashley sent me her new cosmetics travel case earlier this year and I have been LOVING it! I usually put it in my large carry-on tote when traveling so I have easy access. I love how everything stays organized and contained, and the brushes are kept separate and upright!
- For any extra things that don’t fit into the aforementioned case, I use this pouch. It’s especially great for things I might want to grab during an overseas flight (toothbrush, contacts, etc) – it’s clear and TSA-approved, plus it’s obviously just easy to see everything for a quick grab.
- As I mentioned above, I’ve been using a tech bag for my travels lately. It’s not the cutest thing ever, but this rolling camera backpack keeps all of my expensive equipment protected and organized. It fits so much! I pack a big camera, an extra lens, my laptop, chargers and accessories for both, and then I’ll usually fill the rest of the space with a small bags, flats/sandals, sunglasses and other accessories. All of the dividers feature velcro, so you can rearrange to fit around what you’re packing!
PS: This is the outfit I was planning to wear tomorrow on the plane! I just checked the forecast for Saturday though and it is looking way cooler than I thought it would be! I’m thinking I may need to opt for heavier layers. This coat is from last year, but Club Monaco brought it back in two different colors – this blue + white plaid and this solid camel hue. So chic! Also loving this longer version in warmer tones.
I’ve been traveling more often and this post was so helpful on what to bring. Love your coat!
I love your slip-on sneakers the color is stunning!
I really enjoy your blog and I love your classic style.
I do find it interesting that so many bloggers, you tubers, often use the term, I “invested” in this or that. I’m just not sure that is an accurate word to use because a typical “investment” is something that will make money / increase in value. And most things that I see will NOT make money. They actually go down in value. Is there a reason for that word being used so much? Just curious….
For me, I just mean it as an investment in my wardrobe for longterm wear. I never buy clothes with the assumption I’ll be able to sell it for a certain amount – I invest in something I believe will stand the test of time and can be worn for years! Hope that helps clarify!