I didn’t buy a ton of things when I was in London and Paris earlier this summer, but one of my favorite finds on the trip was this raffia midi dress I snagged at Matches Fashion in Marylebone! This dress is the perfect statement staple – it’s a classic silhouette and color, but has such a unique look thanks to the textured raffia fabric. It’s been too hot this summer to wear the heavier woven fabric, but it’s going to be perfect for wearing out to dinner this and next month! It usually doesn’t cool down fully until November, so I’ve definitely got some time to wear it. It’s the perfect dress for these transitional times where I want to wear more fall items but the weather isn’t cooperating here in Texas! I usually think of raffia as a summer material, but in black it really does transcend the seasons. As far as sizing goes, I’m in the US 8/UK 12!
The dress is by RAEY, which is exclusively stocked on Matches Fashion! I’d never purchased anything from it before, but I’m super impressed with the fit and quality of this dress. The label makes its manufacturing decisions based on reducing its environmental and social impact – love to hear it! I’ll definitely be trying more items from their collection! Below are some favorites from their fall line-up:
- This wool A-line midi skirt would be such a chic style for your fall/winter work wardrobe!
- This chunky cable knit sweater is what cold days are made for cozying up in.
- This simple black strapless midi dress is a timeless look with endless styling possibilities!
- If you’re in need of a good ecru jean for fall/winter, don’t miss this straight leg pair!
- Make a statement this winter in this shearling cropped jacket!
- Speaking of statements… if you love leopard, don’t miss this coat or this dress.
- This camel turtleneck looks incredibly luxe and so soft!
- This burgundy slip dress is a minimalist fall look to lust after.
This dress is so unique. I’ve never seen anything like it—what a find!