THE PERFECT PARTY DRESS

ASOS BLACK | The Style Scribe, Texas Fashion Blog, Austin Fashion Blog

ASOS BLACK | The Style Scribe, Texas Fashion Blog, Austin Fashion Blog

ASOS BLACK | The Style Scribe, Texas Fashion Blog, Austin Fashion Blog

ASOS BLACK | The Style Scribe, Texas Fashion Blog, Austin Fashion Blog

ASOS BLACK | The Style Scribe, Texas Fashion Blog, Austin Fashion Blog

ASOS BLACK | The Style Scribe, Texas Fashion Blog, Austin Fashion Blog

There’s nothing that I love shopping for more than party dresses. Especially during the holidays, when your calendar is filled with multiple festive fêtes and cocktail parties, you need to have a few show-stoppers in your closet so that you can dress to impress. I found this and so much more in this embellished jacquard frock I found at ASOS! It’s part of the ASOS BLACK collection in collaboration with Markus Lupfer – the line is more elevated and edited (and just a tad more expensive) than regular ASOS pieces, but trust me when I say that they’re worth the extra bit of cost. I settled on this piece because of the embellishments and print – they make a great statement without being too loud. Did I mention it has an open backThis dress is priced just under $220, which is still much more wallet-friendly compared to contemporary designer dresses that can run between $350-$795. The entire ASOS BLACK collection is worth a look – this flapper-inspired sequin dress is a gorgeous Gatsby look, while this holographic mini dress is super fun and fashion forward. PS – I know my favorite Zara pumps are sold out, but this pair looks identical!

SHOP THE LOOK BELOW

Dress: ASOS, Bag: Alexander Wang, Shoes: Zara (similar here), Earrings: ASOS, Bracelets: c/o Jennifer Fisher and Neiman Marcus, Lipstick: Tom Ford in Violet Fatale, Nails: Essie in She’s Pampered

{shot by Rachel Jessee – edited by The Style Scribe}

30 Responses to THE PERFECT PARTY DRESS

1. Rachelle says:

Love that dress it is so pretty on you and I’m really sad I missed out on these Zara pumps.

xo

2. This photo shoot should be in a magazine! Gorgeous! Love the dress! XO

3. Jessica says:

This dress is incredible on you! Cocktail dresses with sleeves are definitely one of my guilty pleasures. Hope you had a lovely weekend!

4. What a find! I always find amazing little gems at ASOS. Love how it is a take on the Dolce & Gabbana byzantine runway show from fall 2013. Love!

5. Allison says:

LOVE this dress! You look great!

6. Kayla says:

Gorgeous Merritt!! Completely perfect!

Kayla

7. Dana says:

Amazing dress! Its so classic, yet so unexpected.

8. Sheaffer says:

After seeing your pic on instagram, I HAD to hop over and see the entire dress. HOLY GORGEOUS! You look so beautiful and I love how unique the dress is. Total party stopper for sure!!!!
    xoxo,
    Sheaffer :)

9. Lindsey says:

OMG, Merritt… This dress is absolutely stunning! I want it =)

xo, Lindsey

10. anngelik says:

Oh I absolutely love love this dress. The embellishment and color is perfect, and I agree, perfect for the Holidays.

-Vogue&Heels

11. Ally says:

That dress is GORGEOUS on you!!! Love the coloring. And perfect with a simple pump.

12. So unique! Great find : )

xo
    Brooke du jour

13. Lindsey says:

I love the pattern and detail on this dress and how you styled it with jewel-tone accessories! Great holiday look!

14. two birds says:

you look absolutely stunning. i love this dress!

15. Morgan Hunt says:

What a gem!!! Love it.

16. This looks awesome! Great holiday dress!

17. Really gorgeous! Looks like a super luxe and unique piece that you’ll have forever.

Miro
    Austin, TX

18. I love this dress because it is just so luxurious and colorful. It is perfect party attire.

pinkandnavystripes.com

19. I AM SO OBSESSED!!!! SO beautiful! And I’m amazed that you don’t look cold at all. Brrrr! But seriously…such a great dress. xoxo

20. Kait says:

Go bold or go home!! This looks like something you’d see Miroslava Duma in – fantastic!

21. Maya says:

Hold the phone, that dress is GORGEOUS! And from Asos? I love their clothes, but I wouldn’t have pegged them for having this number – it looks very Anthropologie-esque! I’m totally in love, I might have to check this dress out! xx

22. Lea Anne says:

This dress looks amazing on you!!

23. Monica says:

what a great piece it reminds me of Valentino

24. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love, love, loveee this dress on you! :)

Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

25. Kimberley says:

I have been debating that Alexander Wang ipad case! It looks so beautiful with your outfit making the pattern pop in your dress, love!

xoxo, KP
    Eleventh & Sixteenth

26. Oh my, this dress is gorgeous! I love the colors and the embellishments! Perfect holiday dress for sure!

Amberly