I still haven’t decided what I’m wearing NYE, but it’s definitely been narrowed down to two options: the velvet dress you saw in this post, or the dress you see here today! It’s going to be chiiiiilly in Nashville, so I figured a long-sleeved velvet piece would keep me the most comfortable and warm all night long. The dress I’m wearing here is a little more risqué than I’m used to wearing, but that’s why I like it. I stepped out of my comfort zone with a deep-V neckline, but it features the most flattering wrapped waist that is right up my alley. It’s super comfortable too, so that’s a big plus!
Shop more of my favorite velvet dresses of the season below!
- If you’d prefer something less curve-hugging, try this Shoshanna dress.
- Loving the lace-up back detail on this Derek Lam 10 Crosby dress.
- This off-the-shoulder midi dress is another great choice for a cold location!
- My lace + velvet cami dress is now 40% off! Such a gorgeous staple you’ll have and wear for years. If you’ve got bigger hips, order a size up.
- Only a few sizes left in this number, but it is so beautiful!
- Longer sleeves and luxe lace details make this dress a winter winner.
- Obsessed with the sleek strapless look of this Cinq a Sept dress. So chic and modern!
- If you’ve got a straighter figure, this Theory corset dress is fab!