After a wonderful week in Carmel with my family, on Saturday I returned to Dallas with just one day to regroup, unpack, do laundry, and repack for my road trip! Liza and I are making the eight hour drive from Dallas to Terlingua today to stay at The Local Chapter for the week. We’ll be spending Friday night in Marfa before driving back to Dallas on Saturday! I visited Big Bend National Park in middle school, but other than that haven’t spent any time in West Texas. I’m very much looking forward to spending some time outdoors and exploring the various tiny towns nearby! This post inspired what I packed for my trip, so expect some Western-inspired outfits coming your way starting next week. Make sure you’re following along on Instagram to see them in real time this week!
But back to Carmel! Even with COVID-19 and all restaurants doing outdoor dining only, Carmel felt like it always does when I visit. It’s such a serene place! We did all of our favorite things: went on long walks by the beach, ate many a delicious meal, spent quite a bit of time shopping… it was kind of the perfect vacay. I didn’t work much and didn’t set an alarm the whole time – for those of you who know me, that’s unheard of (especially now I have a dog)! While we mostly did what we always do, we did try a couple new-to-me restaurants. I’ve updated the city guide if you’re heading there soon!
As far as my daytime travel style goes in Carmel, I have a pretty standard uniform. Because it’s chilly, I always go with layers; usually a blazer and a tee/cami, blouse or sweater underneath. You’ll see one of those outfits in Wednesday’s blog post! But this look is one of my dinnertime looks. I picked up this $60 blouse from MANGO in August and have been waiting for a fun reason to wear it! It’s a little sheer, which gives it a sexy nod for nighttime wear. If wearing it during the day, you might want to style over a cami! This print also comes as a dress, which I actually featured in the Fall 2020 Capsule Wardrobe! Shop more of my favorite new arrivals from MANGO below – so much good fall fashion for less:
- This drop-waisted shirt dress is the BEST fall color and only $60!
- Dying to get my hands on this knit clutch when it becomes available!
- This textured blazer is a great work-to-weekend staple!
- This midi dress is such a gorgeous fall floral and palette! I wore it in this post if you’d like to see it on!
- This camel coatigan looks soooo cozy!
- This new paisley printed dress is amazing too!
- These nude ankle boots look like they’d be so useful!
- This caramel and black polka dot blouse is elegant and chic.
- This tie-neck blouse is another go-to of mine this fall. So pretty in person!